Countdown
Just a short post, as nothing much is happening (well, a lot is, mainly a massive slaughter of my immune system cells, which I can only witness indirectly). The way transplant centers operate, everything is centered on Day 0, the day of the actual transplant. Today is Day -4. Two days ago I started getting the chemo (plus tons of other medications). It is a different mix every day. So on Wednesday we were here 8am-7pm, while yesterday we were released already at noontime. Hopefully today will be short as well.
Edna, Eyal and I settled into a routine here in NY. Wake up, go to the hospital for my treatment, and then return home and pass the time. It is certainly nice to eat home cooked food most of the time! As this chemo hit me hard from the beginning, I am quite tired during the day, and we don’t go out much (I am allowed to walk on the streets, but not sit in crowded areas). I do try to walk whenever I have the energy, and hope this will persist as chemo progresses. It is a nice residential neighborhood here, lots of nice restaurants we cannot eat at right now, but hopefully will in a while.
On Day -1 (Monday) I will be hospitalized and get radiation (killing off whatever the chemo missed I guess), be transplanted with the donor’s stem cells on Day 0, and (am expected to) stay there till Day +3 (Friday).
Meanwhile, we get plenty of pics and videos of Nuri and family from Tel Aviv. Here is her (possibly) first smile, at exactly 2 weeks.

Beautiful smile ��
ReplyDeleteContinue keeping us updated, we’re counting down with you.
love love love!
ReplyDelete