Day -1
Yes, today is Day 0, the big transplant day, but it is just starting so nothing to report yet. So instead let me tell you about yesterday, the last pre-transplant glitch.
So, on Sunday evening we went home after I was done with the pre-transplant chemo. Everyone congratulated me םמ how well I withstood it, practically without side effects. But nothing can be perfect. That night turned out to be a nightmare, starting with a sore throat, then chills, then nausea, then vomiting, and then fever rising above the threshold requiring me to come to the emergency room for fear of infection. We arrived there at 6am, and I got the full spectrum of antibiotics, blood cultures and lots of liquids as I was completely dehydrated.
Luckily, this was the day I was checking in anyway to the hospital, so I got my room at 10, and could quickly regain some lost hours of sleep and start to recover (this was not as easy for Edna, who also didn't sleep that night). But, they also needed to reduce my fever, my heart was racing at unreasonable speed, etc., and the main worry was that I will not be in shape for the last conditioning phase: radiation. But when time came at 5pm I was already almost back to normal, and could get it on time, so I am ready for transplant today.
Luckily, this night was uneventful, and we all got a well deserved rest, now ready for the main event!

It is sooo exciting! We all love you, think of you and hope you will accoplish this task as good and thorough as you do everything.
ReplyDeleteThinking of you Avi and sending lots of good energy! You too Edna! OXOX
ReplyDelete